Group Discussion is one of the important stages for selection to any job. It is usually followed by a written test and preceded by an interview. Group Discussion is conducted to test many qualities of a candidate. These includes the following-
- Team Spirit
- Speaking ability
- Listening ability
For performing well in a group discussion, there are some do’s and don’ts which you should follow-
- Take some time to analyze the topic of GD.Think properly and jot down the points in your mind.
- Ensure your participation. Put your ideas and views forward.
- Try to initiate the group discussion.
- Give relevant data and examples
- Give others chance to speak and also listen to them attentively.
- Don’t shout . Maintain a humble tone. Even when you disagree, don’t raise your voice.
- Don’t dominate. A group discussion is also the test of your team spirit. So never try to dominate other candidates. Try to coordinate with all.
- Don’t intervene in between while someone else is speaking. You only start when the other person has finished speaking.
- Don’t give wrong examples or data.
- Don’t look at the moderator of GD rather try to build eye contact with the group members.